ADVERTISEMENT

PLEASE RE-READ. Help UT4MENU: Payday Thursday. Last Chance to Help a Fellow Vol

GrundyVolBob

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2010
SE Tennessee
I've never been so proud of a group of people as I am with Vol fans. I thank everyone for every single dollar you have given. However, we only have donations from 37 of the 2000+ people who have read this. If everybody who reads this thread over the next two days would give $5, we will exceed our goal. We're up to $2495. I just talked to Mark last night and he was in tears for two reasons. One reason was the money that you guys have donated. The other was due to the pain he is in. This week alone, his out of pocket medical cost will be close to $500. Please help me guys and ladies. I wouldn't keep bumping this if it wasn't needed so badly. Please just take time to donate $5 for Mark. Bob

Fellow Vols, a little long but please take time to read this.

UT4MENU (Mark) is an active member here and has been for several years. He doesn't post a lot but is a huge Vol fan. He is in desperate need of our help. He has so many medical issues right now, that it's hard to believe one person can have so much going against him. He graduated from UT and had the perfect life going with a wife, a daughter, a nice home, and a good paying job that he enjoyed. That is until he had an automobile accident outside Knoxville when he was hit by someone moving a house. As a result, like me, he suffers from uncontrolled nerve pain. After the wreck he was unable to return to work due to his health and his life started falling apart. Fast forward to his current situation, and his pain has continued to worsen to the point that he is barely able to walk and carry on daily needs. He is doing the best he can to raise his teenage daughter due to his wife leaving and getting a divorce shortly after the wreck. He was recently diagnosed with Parkinson's disease and is undergoing test currently as his doctor thinks he has some form of MS. His father fell last month and is now in a nursing home with little chance of making it very long, and Mark is trying to help his mom as much as he can. To cap it off, there is a private family issue (that is far worse than all the other added together) but I do not feel I can discuss here. He has spent all of his savings and has had to file for bankruptcy and is in the process of losing his home. This is a result of his medical expenses taking over half of his monthly income.

I know how the people on this board came together and helped me and I know you can do this for him. He is very worthy of any help you can give even if it is only $5 to $10. Greeneville Vol is also friends with Mark and can verify his current circumstances. Mark wants someone else to have control of the account that I have set up, so that the medical expenses are paid and to show that the money is being used for what it is being raised for. It is hard for Mark to ask for help, but he has had to swallow his pride so he can provide for his daughter. Let's show him that we care.

Here is a link to the GoFundMe account. Please if you would help me keep this bumped to the top. To prevent any concerns about use of these funds, I would be more than happy to turn over control to the account to anyone who wants to volunteer. Please donate.

http://www.gofundme.com/xx4pu6p

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News