ADVERTISEMENT

Football Pruitt on the SEC teleconference...

Brent_Hubbs

May 29, 2001
When you look at Alabama it starts offensively with the efficiency of QB play. They have lots of playmakers. I'm not sure that the strength is not their ol. One of the best I've seen in along time. Very physical.

Defensively, they give you lots of different looks. Tight coverage in the back on and they have improved as the season has gone on.

It will be a tremendous challenge for us. I feel like our guys have responded with two really good practices. We need to have two more and continue to get better.

Justifying firing a coach when money is tight...

You do what's best for the players. Every decision we make around here is based on what's best with them.

More ownership on offensive gameplan...

Everything we do goes through me. every play doesn't go through me, but I meet with them every week to go through the game plan, personnel, etc

On QB...

We continue to rep multiple guys. As the week goes on we will narrow it down.

On OL health...

Morris, Carvin, and Jamir have been practicing this week. It will be good to get them back.

Best lesson learned under Saban....

I probably worked at every level of the program. The one thing that coach does is that he's very efficient with his time in watching him be involved in every thing with the program. As a head coach now, that's probably what I took the most.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News