ADVERTISEMENT

Football Pruitt presser...

Brent_Hubbs

May 29, 2001
Having a chance to go back and get in a fall camp mode has been good for alot of guys this week. Just getting back to basics. Repping alot of guys. Just working fundamentals.

Players have worked really hard this week. We have two days left. I really like the attitude of our team. Everyone is disappointed with where we are, but it's been a really good couple of days here to go back to fundamentals.

More on closing the gap...

The most important thing is on the scoreboard and it hasn't showed up there. To me I was very familiar with Alabama and I knew what the difference was between the two programs. I know where it is now. It has to show up on gameday. It didn't Saturday and we have to do that.

Spending more time with the DL...

I have dove into that group. We have always been an attacking style defense and we haven't been playing that way. We have to play on the other side of the line of scrimmage. We have lots of areas on defense we have to improve on.

Improvement in the secondary...

I have alot of confidence in the guys who play in our secondary. They have played alot of football and have played some good football at times. That group got hit hard in fall camp with missing practice time. I think moving forward those guys will continue to improve with communication. We have had too many busted coverages and bad techniques back there.

Says they will play Key Lawrence some at the star position this week to see how he handles it. Really good week for T. McDonald to get some work.

One thing that has happened is that Bryce and Alontae have missed some time. Shamburger, McCullough have been in and out. There's lots of communication in the secondary. We aren't very vanilla back there so communication is key.

On Covid lessons from July...

It's very unpredictable. You can't assume someone who's not in the testing protocal doesn't have the virus.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News