ADVERTISEMENT

Really anxious to see if who we land from the portal defensively....

VolNavyman

Oct 14, 2003
Who we land over the next 2-3 months could literally be the difference in a 7-5/8-4 kind of team to potentially a 10 win kind of team.

I'd like another tackle, but bottom line is our offense is going to be pretty damn good, IMO. Because we have Heupel, return 4 OL starters (2 of which were true sophomores), and return Hooker. It's about the defense.

The defense looking terrible at every level was the lasting impression of the final game of the season. It was awful. Dominated in the run and pass game...from a team who hadn't done much as a running team. Simmons is is such a monumental piece. Has to stay healthy and be the player he can be. Omari Thomas has big potential. Baron has to bounce back. Young has to take that step. His athleticism is elite. We have to generate better pass rush.

I think we have enough pieces in place that I can see the DL being okay. But we need to hit huge in the back 7 in the portal. LB, CB, and S.....we have to make noise there and bring in 3-4 real upgrades if they're available.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News