ADVERTISEMENT

Some Sunday afternoon recruiting notes

P_Fortenberry

Gold Member
Jun 14, 2010
Maryville, TN
tennessee.rivals.com
Just caught up with Lavert Hill and he said he had a very good time in Knoxville this weekend. He spent a lot of time with Marquill Osborne and noted, "He was with me the whole time." He added they hit it off pretty good.

He noted that he really liked the people in Knoxville and liked getting to spend time with the coaching staff. He said he wants to be able to bring his mom down for a visit in January if they can get something set up. Obviously, we hear that quite a bit, but if that can happen it would be big for the Vols.

As of now, Hill said he knows he wants to visit Ohio State and USC but didn't know when those will happen. He added that he could take a visit to one of the instate schools.

I have heard that Ohio State is a major factor for Hill so they may be the team to beat right now. He added he could make a decision at the Army Game but is leaning towards not doing that now.

Finally, on his teammate Donnie Corley, he won't be deciding Tuesday as he will be in NYC for an Army Bowl promotional thing. Instead, he could do something at the end of the week or delay the decision altogether once again in January.

Either way, expect Tennessee to visit him later in the week as they continue to try and make a move. While the Vols have made a clear push here recently, I still don't have anyone telling me either way what he will do. Most still feel he stays Big10 for whatever that is worth.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News