ADVERTISEMENT

Subtle hint that CBJ is pretty happy right now....s

cmd

Gold Member
Aug 14, 2001
First time in what will now be the beginning of three fall camps (and three winter workout conclusions) that we haven't heard specifics on weight and strength gains made over the prior three months.

Whether it was the 600 pound squat club or the cumulative bench gains or Kendall Vickers most recently, Jones has always used the workout program improvement to hype the team for a few days at the beginning of a spring or fall. Not so this summer. He's got Brent reporting on ticket art and nfl preseason football in the war room and I haven't seen a tweet, text or newsprint feature from a player or reporter on the workout numbers yet. They did the video and photo feature on utsports (which laughably didn't include KM and had WAY too much of a soft and pretty Jack Jones) but that was it.

Hubbs hasn't given a specific stat all summer....big big change from previous off seasons.

I think Butch is happy with the hype around the program now. And he's very happy w his offseason and roster and wants to try to keep as much of a lid on this thing as is still possible for a few more weeks.

Other than discipline, that was the quietest July we've had out of him, or his reporters, in three years. And I think that's a good thing. I think he still thinks he can surprise people, on top of all the hype and attention we are currently getting. Otherwise, why would he stay out of the news?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News