ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee vs Kentucky resume

vols1024

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
I am not sure the committee is going to value Kentucky's resume over Tennessee's.

1) Tennessee has a better non conference schedule.

2) Tennessee has the stronger conference schedule.
- Tennessee currently has the #1 strength of schedule in the nation or #3
based on the 2 metrics I searched. Kentucky was #3 and #20 FWIW.

3) Tennessee has more Quad 1 wins.

4) Tennessee is closing the year stronger.

5) Tennessee has the same amount of overall losses (assuming we win today) AND has the head to head over UK. Kentucky lost to Notre Dame who most likely is not in the tourney or a low seed if in. Tennessee has no such loss.

6) Tennessee has less Quad 4 wins (8 for UK to 6 for UT)

7) Resumes identical in Quad 2 and 3 records.

#6 point point has to be the deciding factor if you are choosing 1 or the other, right? Tennessee won 2 out of 3. When you are determining a resume and one is stronger than the other BUT UK may have the better win on the road do you not let the teams decide? Tennessee won the series.

- Only area Kentucky has is they have a road win over Kansas which is their 1 elite win other than UT. Tennessee has Arizona, Auburn, Arkansas and as we know we have Kentucky x 2.

Now the only confusion is NET ranking (updated and current). Kentucky is #5 and Tennessee is #8. I do not understand how that is possible. Kentucky is also ahead of Kansas who is an insane 12-5 in Quad 1 wins leading the nation. They also have less losses than Kentucky overall. Tennessee's resume is stronger, schedule is better, wins are better, head to head is better. No clue how the Net ranks them #5 and UT #8.

- Final note- if the the theory that the committee already has a handle before Sunday championships then it would make sense that the last thought they have is Tennessee beating Kentucky on a neutral court with both teams healthy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News