ADVERTISEMENT

The questions Vol Nation needs to be asking right now

MajorsPuntOn3rdDown

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2016
Knoxville
Is this program still broken? Is the UT President and the academic side of the university supporting the athletic department in an SEC-manner? Do we have harmony within the Board of Trustees? Do we have harmony within our largest donors? Is a system being created to develop a strong NIL program?

We‘ve spent 20+ years of musical chairs in our school leadership. When Dr Johnson and Dr Snyder retired, followed by Coach Dickey retiring, followed by Bill Sansom stepping off the BOT, it left a massive hole in our leadership support. Terrible replacement hires and appointments were made. Many of those new people were outsiders that didn’t understand the dynamics at play. They didn’t bleed orange min most cases. It allowed the people within the school that HATED Tennessee football to gain control where before they had little to none. All of this occurred around 1999 and 2003. The athletic department was a juggernaut, so it didn’t collapse all at once. It took several years. Then the mistakes started to snowball. Other programs within the conference filled the vacuum created. Everything sped up the momentum for sucking. We‘ve spent the past 15 Years speeding to the bottom.

All I want to know, are the questions posed above either being fixed or already fixed? If those answers are “yes” then I’m okay. I’m still here so I can wait a little longer.

I post all of this because the next few weeks are likely going to be tough.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News