ADVERTISEMENT

UNC preseason #1, Vols unranked in early polls

Rabdoid

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2007
Both preseason polls so far have the Vols unranked and the Heels as #1. Thoughts?

My current expectation is the Vols will finish the season around #14 and the Heels around #16. I think UT would win a head to head matchup and has higher upside, just like last year.

With the Heels it’s a few things namely they have had a great year with each first year coach since Dean, Manek is seriously underrated, and they had a lucky run in the NCAAT facing teams that were injured, undersized, or facing the most pressure of potentially any college team ever. Kansas played some of their worst ball of the year that first half and I had a strong feeling due to their quiet confidence they’d make a comeback by just playing their game.

For UT, there’s just no reason to think we fall that far for losing one freshman player on a team that is built to play team ball. @StephenVolonzoJackson likes to share the Bart Vortik stats about overall roster strength and there is no doubt some hope to be had from those metrics. Things just feel really far off with these two teams as far as preseason expectations

• Haha
Reactions: utjl36
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News