ADVERTISEMENT

VQ Family, I(my family) needs your help

sashdh44

Dec 23, 2006
Lake Mary, FL
VQ,

I will try and keep this as short as possible.

My grandfather found out today he has a Terminal Pulmonary Fibrosis. I didn't even know that was terminal so that came as a shock to me and my family as he hasn't even been ill, he's just had a dry cough for a few weeks. In case you don't know, Pulmonary Fibrosis is a condition where you actually cough up your lungs as they deteriorate. He has already lost a good portion of his lungs and he won't qualify for a lung transplant due to his age. The Dr told him he has a year or two left or he can get a medicine that will cost him between $1500-2,000 per month AFTER insurance. The meds will give him up to 10 years max before they are rendered useless against this disease. There is no cure for it, you can only delay it.

My grandfather is a VFL and has lived off Alcoa Hwy about two miles from campus his whole life, he's one of the best men you'd ever meet.

I have a small family and we have limited resources to cover his medications but we are giving every dime we can. I started a Go Fund Me Account today

gofundme.com/2xt8ufg

If you can donate anything at all my family and i would greatly appreciate it, i will make sure we personally thank each and every one of you individually. Also if you have any advice on any medical grants or resources available for him for financial assistance that would also help a great deal.

Thank you VQ for your time during NFL Sunday and GBO!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News