ADVERTISEMENT

With three visits apparently identified numbers will be crucial

Rob Lewis

Aug 27, 2001
Knoxville
tennessee.rivals.com
We've expected former Charlotte signee Ebuka Induzu to be an official visitor for a bit now, and as has been reported elsewhere today junior college big man Ray Kasongo and UNC Asheville guard Andrew Rowsey are visiting officially this weekend as well. (Induzu is playing in a tournament this weekend and will visit when that's over)

As we noted last week in the War Room, the Vols have only five official visits left to use, and it appears three of them are going down this weekend. I would guess that the staff feels strongly about their chances of at least being in the top two or three with each player or they wouldn't be bringing them in when visits are so precious.

There's an obvious tie with Induzu and new asst. Des Oliver from Charlotte, so that one isn't hard to figure. I would have made Tennessee the favorite based off everything I was hearing on Friday, but tons of options have suddenly opened up for him, so that one may end up having some drama. Still think that the Vols will be firmly in the mix but there are some big names cropping up there now.

Kasongo is interesting to me because Rob Lanier has some strong ties to that whole Canadian hoops scene which has been producing more and more talent in recent years. I'm not going to far out on a limb just yet, but that one is definitely going to be one to keep an eye on given some of the background and relationships there.

Lastly, I am definitely not trying to stir anything up because I don't know of anyone looking to leave. However, with Rowsey having to sit a year after transferring, it makes me wonder if this staff doesn't almost expect another departure. The focus has definitely been on getting immediate help, especially at guard. So if they are willing to use a visit and presumably a scholarship on a player who would have to sit next season, that at least makes me think it's worth keeping an eye open for another possible transfer. With only two more visits to use after this weekend it seems a little unlikely that they would bring him in just for insurance against a transfer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News