ADVERTISEMENT

Everyone knows the Officiating crew was off their game in Nashville, but how do we make complaints to the league or SEC office?

BigCatKC2

Mar 30, 2004
Something has gotta be done about these Officiating Crews!

Too many PI's
I get it that Warren Burrell was targeted by Brohm's offense b/c they've probably watched film and Burrell is suspect covering WR in man-to-man coverage. The same happened to Hadden, but it appeared to happen more against Burrell, maybe because they were aware of Burrell's lack of ability or maybe Burrell was covering one of Purdue's better WRs. I didn't think the later was the reason since Purdue's two best WRs didn't play in the MCB. That said, I agree Burrell was holding & interfered several times, but the one call on the sidelines was so damn "ticky-tac" and wasn't PI, regardless Burrell got flagged...AGAIN! At first, I was upset with Burrell, but then realized Burrell wasn't doing a horrible job. The Refs were killing us and not letting the players play!

Obvious 'Grounding' Call missed
I was upset Banks didn't send more pressure on Aiden O'Connell, but when we did O'Connell seemed to escape and throw incompletions. The one pass O'Connell made which appeared to be behind the LOS was obviously a Intentional Grounding. There was no WR, TE or RB near the pass and the pass wasn't deflected. I believe that was the biggest BS 'MISSED' call of the game.

GOAL LINE SCREW!
I called the Grounding call the biggest MISSED call of the game, but Jaylen Wright's disallowed TD was the WORST Call of the game! The Officials said Jaylen Wright's momentum was stopped, but how long do they allow a runner's momentum to be delayed?! Good grief, watch any game where RB is stopped by the defense and, instead of the Refs calling the play dead, an OL or half the Off Line will push the pile & RB. I didn't mention that Wright didn't hit the ground b/c he was atop a Def.player, then reached his arm across the Goal Line with the ball.

It sucks to lose, but it hurts when Officials steal the game.

However, if Heupel calls short plays & makes a 1st down in the final seconds, McGrath kicks the winning FG.
GO VOLS!!

Reactions: sauza311
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News