ADVERTISEMENT

CBS Broadcast of Vols Victory Over Alabama

I’m not one who sits around and blast the TV commentators because they might seem to root for one team over the other.

Gary Danielson is the very best in the business as a color commentator because he sees things developing and is able to point them out ahead of time.

I’m not saying that he was openly rooting for Alabama yesterday but his comments and reactions where is though he was surprised that Tennessee was able to make the plays to beat Alabama. There were times he seemed to be totally surprised that the officials did not call the game in favor of Alabama.

After the game Brad Nessler I thought did a very good job of allowing fans to soak in the moment and made some great comments about Tennessee but Danielson was almost quiet.

The CBS 2:39 time slot had been a bad omen for the past 17 years, prior to this season. I used to cringe when it was announced that we were playing the CBS primetime game. That 2 ton gorilla is off of our back.

wait until the TV viewership numbers come out. This may be one of the most viewed regular season games in CBS history. Everybody around the country was watching this game.

Insider’s Thread: Florida 2025 WR Ryan Matulevich planning December Tennessee visit

VENICE, Fla. - A rising 2025 receiver from Florida, Ryan Matulevich is a leader on the field for Venice High School’s offense. Matulevich leads the Indians in receptions (17), yards (212), and touchdowns (2) through four games played this season. Of the four offers handed to Matulevich so far, one is from the Volunteers.

Matulevich spoke about his rapport with Tennessee’s coaching staff.

“Right now, our relationship is pretty good,” Matulevich said. “We can’t message much right now because I am Class of 2025, but when I was up there, they showed a lot of love. It was a really good experience.”

Venice High School closed the 2021 season as 8A Florida state champs. Once the 2022 season ends, Matulevich shared he plans to visit Tennessee after his squad makes their run through the playoffs.

Player profile: Login to view embedded media
Reactions: TennesseeTuxedo

UGA 50 yard line tickets

Four 50 yard line tickets to UGA -UT game on Nov 5th in Athens, GA

aisle 107 - row 48 - behind the Tennessee bench

these tickets are not around the fifty, but the fifty yard line, if extended up into the stands, runs through these seats. High enough in lower level to get a great perspective of the game.

$1,500 each; sold as a group of four.

If interested, contact jawjuhdog@yahoo.com

serious inquiries only please. Thanks.

Enjoy this day

I have been to many Tennessee Alabama games through victory and defeat. Today's game will always be with me and one of the greatest games I have seen. The one thing stands out is how cool our coach is under pressure. For the first time in a long time, I believe that Tennessee can compete with anyone. They had several chances to fold in this game, but they didn't. This game was the greatest quarterback duel since the OK corral. MY hat goes off to the Alabama quarterback, unbelievable skill as a runner and passer. I figured when we lost the fumble the game was over, but our unbelievable quarterback marched us right down the field. Hats off for a great win.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT