ADVERTISEMENT

BARBE: SIAD...? re taking our foot off the gas yesterday

MinnesotaVol

Aug 7, 2001
I didn't see it come up in the post-game presser, and haven't read every article posted last night, but curious as to your thoughts on why we took our foot off the gas yesterday. Felt like beginning about midway through 3rd quarter, we let the play clock run down to less than 10 seconds before snapping the ball each play. Do you think it was simply because they had back-to-back scoring drives of 17 plays and then 20 plays? Do you think it was because Milton was in instead of Hooker? None of that has really seem to matter in the past this year. I understand the game was never in doubt. I also know that Heupel has been very aware, as Austin and Eric pointed out during the pregame 2-minute drill yesterday, of different stats and what is being said about our team; which is part of Heupel throwing a pass to Tillman late in last week's blowout win, to make sure he got over 100 yards receiving. I guarantee he knew, before the game started, that we only needed to score 53 points to set the single-season scoring record, which would be another impressive statistic for him to tout to recruits. Just found it a little odd, and wanted to get your thoughts. Thanks. @Brent_Hubbs @Rob Lewis @Austin_Price @Eric_Cain @Ben_McKee

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News