ADVERTISEMENT

Basevols LF/DH discussion.....

MinnesotaVol

Aug 7, 2001
@Ben_McKee Curious as to your thoughts on our LF/DH positions, which are the only 2 that seem to rotate on an almost daily basis. Since Dickey went down, it feels like those 4 spots are occupied the most by some combination of Stephenson, Moore, Scott and Booker, with Burke getting an occasional DH start. Looking at stats in conference play ONLY, which includes last night's game:
  • Moore: 45 ABs/.267 avg..400 OBP%/.822 OPS
  • Stephenson: 43 ABs/.349 avg./.417 OBP%/.882 OPS
  • Dickey: 41 ABs/.220 avg./.298 OBP%/.688 OPS
  • Scott: 25 ABs/.200 avg./.375 OBP%/.615 OPS
  • Burke: 12 ABs/.333 avg./.467 OBP%/1.467 OPS
  • Booker: 12 ABs/.083 avg./.267 OBP%/.434 OPS
Couple ?s/observations I would love your thoughts on:
  • Why is Stephenson not getting more run as the everyday LF? Defense not as good as Scott and Booker (if it's to keep them sharp, can't that be done in midweek games?). I realize Stephenson made a horrendous base running mistake last night and wish he would get deeper in the count, but the #s don't lie.
  • If Moore's D is the issue right now, why not more run as the everyday DH?
  • Dickey's SEC numbers only were pretty pedestrian, but he received plenty of ABs
  • Small sample size, but Burke's OPS is insane, driven by his 1 3B and 2 HRs amongst his 12 SEC ABs; also has 6 strikeouts - not a question, just an observation
Bottom line my OPINION only, I would love to see Seth get more run as the everyday LF and Moore get more run as the everyday DH, and get Burke 1 DH start each weekend and let Scott and Booker get the majority of those ABs mid week games and pinch hitting opps. I know CTV and staff have many more stats they use and the above isn't meant to be the end all/be all.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News