ADVERTISEMENT

F150 owners and/or mechanics GITT

MMAAP

Dec 18, 2013
Long post, sorry guys.

I’m having two issues with my 2015 F150: squeaking noises and an issue with my truck dying.

I’ve had my brake pads fixed twice in the last 3 months (since I thought perhaps the pads could be faulty). No change, squeak still happening.

I’m over 100k and replaced my back shocks and struts. Not as much squeaking, but still happening.

here’s the thing, the squeaking isn’t t happening consistently and I’m having trouble identifying a pattern. I can go a couple days with no squeak and then I’ll have it. My thought is perhaps damaged bushings, tie rods or suspension related.

The second issue has been difficult for me to identify. My truck will die every couple of months. My alternator is fine, and when the battery is jumped it rinds and starts great for another couple of months. My water level is fine in the battery, no corrosion, and my connections are good. Not sure if it’s related, but my dash panel light will get bright and dim occasionally. I’ve not correlated the two, but I thought I’d mention it.

What is confusing to me is how it will completely die and then work for an extended period of time.

Bad ignition system, a short somewhere, starter Solenoid, or Engine timing a possibility?

my mechanic suggested I bring it in and they keep it a few days to run tests on the battery. Not sure that’s what it is, and also not sure why I’d need to leave it days to figure it out.

any feedback would be appreciated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News