ADVERTISEMENT

Football Pruitt on the SEC teleconference...won't name starting qb...

Brent_Hubbs

May 29, 2001
Our team is very excited to get the opportunity to play again. Seems like it's been forever since we have played. Kids are positive and upbeat. Auburn is a good team. Very familiar with their staff and their players. Offensively they are very explosive. Nix is one of he better players in the conference. Got weapons around him. Defensively they are tough, play hard and are aggressive. Tremendous challenge for us.

Big picture, why 2-4?....

We turned the ball over 7 times in 6 quarters. We haven't put a complete game together this year. We have to continue to work hard to find ways to win starting with taking care of the ball, getting turnovers on defense. Make a play in the kicking game. Have to limit explosive plays defensively and be better on third down on both sides of the ball.

assessment of Velus Jones...

One thing in the return game he hasn't had alot of opportunities. He's a guy we feel like has playmaking ability. We have to find ways to get him the ball and give him the opportunity to do that. We have to design things to use his ability. We didn't have spring ball so he hasn't been in our system. He's a guy who we want to get more involved in the offense the next four weeks. We need to find ways to take advantage of his ability.

how will you handle seniors and the extra year...

All of our guys have the opportunity and we would love to have them all back. It's a unique circumstance. I think it's a great opportunity for everyone in college sports to take advantage of them. I think we will have alot of them that will and some that won't. Alot of guys have already told me that they are coming back.

Pruitt reitereated that everyone has a chance to come back if they want to.

More involved in offense this week becuase of how well you know Kevin Steele...

It's obviously easier to give input to the offense when you are familiar with the defensive guy. Kevin and I talk frequently.

QB room, how does it look this week....

I'm going to wait and let that show itself on Saturday. WIth Jarrett going down the last week, we have worked alot of guys and I don't think it gives us an advantage if we tell Auburn now who's going to be the quarterback.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News