ADVERTISEMENT

Weatherquest: from Memphis to Mountain City multi day winter storm?

PowellVolz

Gold Member
Feb 9, 2006
N Knox
@Matt4RockyTop

Wanted to go ahead and get a new thread going for the new event starting in west Tennessee in a couple of days. Exact timing, type of precipitation and how much is still very much up in the air but the overall pattern is pretty much set that a very strong arctic front will move into Tennessee later this week. What happens with the front after it moves into west Tennessee will determine how much frozen precipitation we see and what type. Low pressures will form south of Tennessee and will track north along the front bringing lots of GOM moisture with it. What we don’t know yet is what will the cold front do. If it stalls out somewhere in Tennessee, everyone on the cold side (NW) of the front could see a crippling ice storm followed up by several inches of snow and temperatures 20 to 40 degrees below average. If the cold front is progressive and makes it across the state, we will have a better chance at seeing more snow and sleet than freezing rain.

Other posters feel free to update this thread at anytime. This is not my thread, it’s VQ’s thread.

I want to make sure that you all understand this storm has the potential to be a life threatening event especially in west Tennessee if the cold front stalls across the state. I would consider making sure you have an alternative heat source if the power goes out because the roads will be impassable for days with the cold air moving in behind the system.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News