ADVERTISEMENT

Had an interesting issue today, and I'm curious how prepared the GQ would be.

Pong876

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2003
Was driving my wife's 2014 Expedition, and blew out a tire. Luckily I was really close to home and was able to get it home. No problem. Right? I'll just jump out change it, and be on my way. We've had this car since January of 2018, and I've never had to change a flat tire on this vehicle, but aside from how some of the things are stored, it's pretty universal. So I get out the tire iron pop off the face plate, and start to loosen the lug nuts. First 2, no problem. Next 4, all of the edges were rounded off and the tire iron won't grasp them. Luckily my wife has AAA, so I called them to see what they could do. They struggled, too, but did eventually get the tire off. So I lower the spare tire from beneath the Expedition, and it's flat. I have a compressor at home, and the AAA guy also had one, but if I had been on the side of the road, I'd have been completely screwed. I'd have been screwed anyway due to the lug nuts if not for AAA.

Just got me thinking about preparation and how you don't know what you need until you need it. I've literally never thought about it, but are any of you regularly checking this equipment?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News