ADVERTISEMENT

Who are your favorite "sleepers" from this class?

ZedClampet

Dec 19, 2015
With "sleepers" just meaning you think they were underrated, etc.

Ignoring guys like Squirrel and Sampson, who maybe should have been 4 stars anyway, I'm liking the looks of Elijah Herring, Christian Harrison and Brian Grant.

With our roster of LB's (not counting any potential transfers), Elijah Herring coming in as an early enrollee could give him a chance at some playing time this year. He's got decent size for an incoming LB. His 2020 highlights didn't do much for me, but he looked like a completely different player in the 2021 highlights, quicker and more explosive, so it looks to me like he probably developed quite a bit after his evaluations. He was recruited by a number of decent schools, not big time SEC guys like Alabama, but solid teams like Virginia Tech.

All I know about DB's is that we need them and Christian Harrison was recruited by teams all across the country. Has good size and seemed good on run support in his highlights. Apparently he's not an early enrollee, but I think that long-term he will be better than his 5.6 grade indicates just based on how many teams were in on him and his apparent physical gifts.

Brian Grant had some good schools after him. At his height and weight, I guess you can assume he needs some time in the weight room. As an early enrollee, he'll get going on it early. He's a former basketball prospect with a lot of athleticism for his size, which I think bodes well. Since he just started playing football (and considering the weight issue), it may be a couple of years before we see him on the field, but it would seem he has the physical gifts to excel at OT.

Reactions: Braydon1965
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News